| |eQube-TM is a semantic data mapping solution, essential for mapping data and building transformation rules between disparate data sources. This mapping is used to build application migration and integration solutions using eQube-MI. The Business Challenge In the times of global collaboration and consolidations, many enterprise applications need to be merged, migrated or digitally connected. As part of this process a very large effort is dedicated towards creating and maintaining complex data mapping/business rules. Application migration and integration solutions go through a continuous churn to be up-to-date with ever evolving data model changes between disparate systems. The eQ Approach Through the eQube-TM solution, eQ delivers an alternative to creating and managing data mapping using semantic knowledgebase approach. The semantic knowledgebase inherits data model from source systems and augments it with a collection of:
This knowledgebase allows SME's to capture and build semantic maps and business rules between disparate systems. These maps are further used in building migration and integration solutions using eQube-MI.
- Annotations: During requirements phase, SME's use annotations to add rules and guidelines at attribute, object and map level that assist solution architects while designing the solution
- Tags: Source system tags are added automatically by TM as the maps are being built, viz. unique constraints, foreign keys, list-of-values, data types etc.
- Enablers: Solution architects add enablers to drive data flow and process decisions to define generic solutions
The knowledgebase allows SMEs to define key enablers that drive the eQube-MI based solutions and shield the migration/integration solution from the ripple effects of frequent data model changes. Such approach provides the solution architects to build a robust, loosely-coupled and generic framework. Sample Use Cases:
- Capturing data mapping and business rules necessary for application migration and integrations early during requirements phase.
- Providing a loosely coupled data mapping framework for application migration and integration solutions using eQube-MI
- Data modelling solution for building Master data management solutions