Data Profiler for data quality assessment
eQube®-Data Profiler (DP)
eQube®-DP assesses the quality, quantity, composition, anomalies, similarities, and patterns of your data which could be stored in multiple systems.
It is instrumental in the data discovery phase for understanding the facets of data and for data curation i.e., data-prep for processing.
For example; 'part' is defined as a semantic concept which is represented by multiple objects/relationships in different systems.
eQube®-DP can identify commonalties, correlations, and differences ('quality') for 'part' irrespective of its data structure in those systems.
Such qualification of data then can be used not only to correct and repair the data, but also as an essential step in establishing transformation
rules for application migration and integration. DP leverages ADA and BI capabilities to deliver an integrated solution for data profiling and data curation
Use Cases for Data Profiling:
- Legacy data clean up pre-migration
- To de-risk Migration and Integration projects by driving the requirements, configuration of the target system and business decisions required for successful deployment
- Automatically repair data and provide real time data quality health monitoring
- To compare multiple data sources, BOM's, attributes and data directly via standard connectors on a real time or scheduled basis
- Data quality trend analysis
- Master Data Management to control, track and audit changes to data sets and provide capability to merge data sets
Automated Data Repair & Health Monitoring Process
Using eQube®-DP, a solution can be built that can assess the data quality, facilitate automatic data repair,
and continuously monitor the health of data quality.
The steps are as follows:
- Aggregate & analyze multiple data sets by applying validation rules
- Report on data issues, anomalies found or data set comparisons(eQube®-BI)
- Make changes in-memory with automated business approval process to undertake repairs
- Once approvals are in place, update source systems based upon defined business logic and rules (using the business process modeling capability in eQube®-MI)
This diagram depicts the concept.