The eQ Sites are provided by eQ Technologic, Inc., an entity established under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, USA.
You may submit inquiries regarding personal data protection, privacy and security matters or contact us for other reason via support@1eQ.com. or by writing to
eQ Technologic, Inc.
Attn Privacy Support,
500 Office Center Drive,
Suite 400, Fort Washington,
PA 19034, USA .
You can call us on 215-891-9010 from within the USA or from outside the USA call +00-1-215-891-9010.
- Our social media pages located at Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube (collectively, our "Social Media Pages"); and
and applies to all visitors/users of the eQ Sites and services, and our Social Media Pages.
You may visit the eQ Sites anonymously, without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need certain Personal Data from you.
You may choose to provide us with Personal Data (such as your name, email address, contact information and company name) through the eQ Sites when you elect to register with eQ in order to download our products or access certain content, or to make use of the eQ Sites or eQ Cloud services as user, community member or developer. When you provide Personal Data in order to register with eQ, such Personal Data will be used in order to provide you with access to the requested products, services, content and/or information. We may also use Personal Data to help us understand who is using our products and services, to support you as a user or in the development as community member or developer and optimizing the use of the eQ Sites, and to help us manage business development activities.
We may collect your Personal Data:
- When you contact us with your questions, comments, ideas, complaints, or communicate with eQ (including when applying for employment with eQ): we may collect various information, depending on the manner in which you contact us (e.g. if you send us an email, we will collect your email address; if you solicit for a job, we will collect your details as provided in your application and related documents) and the reason for contacting us. In any case, we will collect your contact details to be able to respond and further communicate with you.
- When you subscribe to any notification, content, our newsletters and update mailing list: we will collect your first and last names and your email address if you wish to subscribe to our newsletters and updates.
- When you submit a support ticket with eQ: we will collect your first and last names and your contact details so we can respond to your report. You will also need to describe the problem that you have experienced with our services so we can take care of it. We strongly recommend you not to send us screenshots and/or attachments that contain production data of your applications, or any confidential or personal data, when you submit a support ticket with us.
- When you visit the eQ Sites: eQ may also collect certain data from your computer and internet connection, including the IP address of your computer, the date and time you accessed our web sites, the internet address of web sites from which you link to the eQ Sites, the device you are using (such as laptop or tablet) and your movements and preferences on the eQ Sites.
- When you sign up to use the eQ Sites: When you participate in the eQ Sites as community member or developer we will collect Platform Usage statistics and analytics that consist of Personal Data (such as your name, company, certification, platform activities).
- From other sources: we may receive Personal Data from other sources, marketing partners, social media platforms, talent acquisition partners, from your co-workers and friends, as well as from other third parties. We also may receive data from public available sources by data enrichment services.
- Offline: we may collect Personal Data about you offline, such as when you attend one of our events or visit our exhibition booths, or call our customer service representatives.
If you subscribe to our newsletter and/or updates, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter and/or updates to you. At any time, you may unsubscribe at any time by using the link in each newsletter or to unsubscribe or update communication, or visit our web site unsubscribe page.
If you choose to invite another person to an eQ Sites, account or project, we will ask you for the name and email address of that person. We will automatically send that person an invitation email to visit the eQ Sites, to create an account or join your project. eQ stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
If you use our blog, forum or AppStore on the eQ Sites (e.g. Developer Portal, Community pages), you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these blogs and forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Data you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
We collect information from visits to the eQ Sites to help us provide a better experience, service and to make the eQ Sites as user friendly and purposeful as possible. For example, we keep track of the domains from which people visit and we also measure visitor activity on the eQ Sites. However, when we do so, we do so in ways that keep the information anonymous. eQ may use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us provide better user experience and service. None of the information described in this paragraph is reviewed at an individual level.
The eQ Sites may contain links to other web sites. eQ is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such third-party web sites. The links from the eQ Sites to other web sites do not imply that eQ endorses or has reviewed the third-party web sites. We suggest contacting the operators of those websites directly for information on their privacy policies.
We collect information from visits to the eQ Sites to help us and our community members, developers and customers to provide a better experience, service and give insight to developments. This analysis, statistics and other data generated by your use of the eQ Sites may be disclosed with your team members.
We use Personal Data only when we’re allowed to by law and only for the reasons we collected it. Most commonly, the reasons are the performing of a contract with you or your employer, the consent you gave to us, when it is necessary for our legitimate interests (and your interests and rights don’t override ours), and when we need to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
We may use Personal Data:
- To login you to the eQ Sites;
- To manage our relationship with you, such as your registration to our events or as a customer;
- Providing you with the products and services you have requested;
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- To send administrative information to you, such as the services and changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- To allow you to send messages to your connections through the services;
- To send marketing communications that may be relevant to you;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving and modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities;
- To understand your use of the eQ Sites as community member or developer;
- To support and you as developer in your performance, your training and the development on your projects;
- To support your team in the performance on the projects your team is working on
- To allow you to participate in prize draws, competitions and promotional activities and to administer these activities (some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully);
- To facilitate social sharing functionality, and
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and property, and that of our affiliates, you and others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies and limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use Personal Data for compatible purposes if we think we need to do so.
For any uses on the basis of legitimate interest, we will have conduct a legitimate interest assessment to ensure that such processing isn’t overridden by your rights or interests.
Developing the eQ Sites (if and only to the extent permitted by a separate written document): We use aggregated and personal data about your use of the eQ Sites and services to develop the platform. These activities are necessary to fulfil our interest in creating a better platform and helping us create better technology and better communications.
Sending Direct Marketing Communications: We use your data to send marketing communications about our products and services and offerings from our affiliates. We may send these communications via email, post or voice call. As for most companies, our ability to market our products and services is necessary for our commercial interests and may allow us to expand our customer base.
eQ is not in the business of selling Personal Data. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- eQ, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions, such as web site hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, processing payments, and other similar services. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function, but such information may contain Personal Data.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose will become public information, and may be available to users of the eQ Sites and services, and our Social Media Pages, and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information about you.
- In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings) we may disclose Personal Data to a third party.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate we may also disclose Personal Data to a third party: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and property, and that of our affiliates, you and others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies and limit the damages that we may sustain.
Personal Data related to you is treated as strictly confidential and we have taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures against loss and unlawful processing of such information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us immediately about the problem by contacting us.
If you tell us that you do not want us to use Personal Data as a basis for further contact, we will respect your wishes. Regarding our use of the Personal Data about you, you can exercise a variety of the rights, such as:
- Request access to the Personal Data we have about you;
- Ask us to erase Personal Data we have about you;
- Object to any processing we do on the basis of legitimate interests;
- Ask us to restrict the processing of Personal Data about you;
- If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and/or updates, unsubscribe at any time by using the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each newsletter or update communication, or visit the unsubscribe page on our website;
- Ask us to correct any incorrect Personal Data we have about you. If you are a registered to the eQ Sites as user, you may review and update this information at any time through the account page here.
As noted above, you can log into your profile setting on the eQ Sites and view, change or replace your own profile data. If you want exercise any of the foregoing rights or have any other question regarding the Personal Data related to you, please contact us at: support@1eQ.com.
In your request, please let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of Personal Data related to you. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note also that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
If you reside in California and have provided Personal Data to eQ you have the right to receive: (a) information identifying any third party to whom eQ may have disclosed, within the past year, Personal Data pertaining to you and your family for that party’s direct marketing purposes; and (b) a description of the categories of Personal Data disclosed. To obtain such information, please email your request to support@eQ.com. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year.
Personal Data may be stored on servers located within the European Union, but may also be processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. If we transfer Personal Data within the company or to business partners located in a country with no sufficient level of data protection, we will provide adequate safeguards are in place, according to GDPR.